Sunday, July 22, 2012

Can you please focus on my daughter? Will she be able to acquire language and normalize her language?

For more personal requests, please provide me more additional information such as name, birthday or age, city or state for your daughter.  Thanks
I prefer to have a name, but I will give you what I got...
Um when I sat and focused on the question I saw a little girl, she had like a halo of light around her head, and inside that halo of light I saw little tiny cartoon birds chirping like you would see in a Cinderella or Snow White movie, it reminded me of the songs, singing and cheerfulness.  It made me feel like maybe to enhance her verbal skill she need music, to listen to it, maybe start humming to the music, but practice doing that alot.  Then I saw a little girl holding a bunny rabbit petting it, so possibly animals are another way for her to make that connection.  That is all I have for now.  If you give me your name and stuff I will try again.

Follow Up from Comment: Thank you so much! She does love music and animals! Her name is Nikki and she has a language disorder.
I see her blowing on one of those train whistles, she is laughing at the sound that it makes.  I feel like she is really bright and knows what she wants to say, but she has a hard time getting it to come out clearly.  She remind me of my son who has Childhood Apraxia of Speech.  When I think of the question, How do I help Nikki with her speech?,  the following is the sequence I of images I see her doing:  I think that part of it is that her frustration and anxiety might make it more difficult to get things out clearly.  Encourage her to go SLOW and PATIENT.  And when she talks try to have her do it with her EYES CLOSED to eliminate the visual stimulus, encourage her to put her hands on YOUR face kinda like a blind person would do.  Have her close her eyes, you speak a word while she has her hands on your mouth, and then put her hands on her own face with her eyes still closed and then speak.  That way she is focused only on the movements of her mouth.  I would start with simple sounds first to build her confidence which would reduce her frustration and anxiety.  Build upon that.  I still feel like music, and making simple sounds, even as simple as humming to a song, then graduating to the actual words will connect with her, but try doing it with her eyes closed so she can really focus on the sounds and music itself.  Just have faith that she will get there and do not give up.  This is not medical advice, I just report what I see.  I hope this helps you and your daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! She does love music and animals! Her name is Nikki and she has a language disorder.

PsychicFocus said...

I see her blowing on one of those train whistles, she is laughing at the sound that it makes. I feel like she is really bright and knows what she wants to say, but she has a hard time getting it to come out clearly. She remind me of my son who has Childhood Apraxia of Speech. When I think of the question, How do I help Nikki with her speech?, the following is the sequence I of images I see her doing: I think that part of it is that her frustration and anxiety might make it more difficult to get things out clearly. Encourage her to go SLOW and PATIENT. And when she talks try to have her do it with her EYES CLOSED to eliminate the visual stimulus, encourage her to put her hands on YOUR face kinda like a blind person would do. Have her close her eyes, you speak a word while she has her hands on your mouth, and then put her hands on her own face with her eyes still closed and then speak. That way she is focused only on the movements of her mouth. I would start with simple sounds first to build her confidence which would reduce her frustration and anxiety. Build upon that. I still feel like music, and making simple sounds, even as simple as humming to a song, then graduating to the actual words will connect with her, but try doing it with her eyes closed so she can really focus on the sounds and music itself. Just have faith that she will get there and do not give up. This is not medical advice, I just report what I see. I hope this helps you and your daughter.